This article gives a high-level overview on what IT decision makers and architects need to know about Microsoft cloud solutions. Best start to learning Microsoft Cloud Technologies
Microsoft Cloud Services and Platform Options
Microsoft SaaS Services:
Taking advantage of productivity workloads provided in the cloud is a first step for many enterprise organizations.
• Get started quickly.
• Rich feature set is always up to date.
• Frees organizations to focus IT resources on strategic applications.
• Includes a Microsoft Azure Active Directory tenant for use with other Microsoft cloud services.
Office 365: Enterprise cloud productivity and collaboration services
Microsoft Dynamics CRM: Enterprise cloud customer relationship management
Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS): Keep your employees productive on their favorite apps and devices while protecting your company data and applications.
• Azure Active Directory Premium
• Azure Information Protection
Microsoft AppSource: One destination for business users to discover, trial, and acquire line-of-business apps. Find the right app for your business by category, industry, or Microsoft product.
Microsoft PowerBI: Bring your data to life. PowerBI transforms your company’s data into rich visuals for you to collect and organize.
Microsoft Azure Internet of Things (IoT) Suite: Connect your devices, analyze data, and integrate business systems. Transform your company when you uncover new business models and revenue streams.
Microsoft Cortana Intelligence Suite: A fully managed big data and advanced analytics suite to transform your data into intelligent action.
Deliver end-to-end intelligent business cloud productivity
• Start with the right fit for your business & grow at your own pace in the cloud.
• Empower employees with productivity tools surfaced in context of processes.
• Guide employees to optimal outcomes with intelligence embedded in processes.
• Stay nimble & adapt in real-time with flexible, extensible applications & platform
Enterprise-wide, private social networking:
• Share information across teams & projects
• Connect to the right people
Manage mobile devices, PCs, and applications from the cloud
Manage customer relationships, including sales, service, and marketing
Microsoft PaaS Services:
Microsoft Azure PaaS is an open, flexible platform and a growing collection of integrated services that helps you move faster, do more, and save money. Use the Azure PaaS open and flexible platform to quickly build, deploy, and manage cloud-enabled applications across the global network of datacenters managed by Microsoft.
• Build modern applications and focus on functionality instead of infrastructure.
• Support for many programming languages including .Net, Java, PHP, Ruby, Node.js, Python, and more.
• Choice of frameworks including .Net, ExpressJS, Rails, Zend, and more.
Digital Marketing: Connect with customers worldwide with digital campaigns that are personalized and scalable.
Mobile: Reach your customers everywhere, on every device, with a single mobile app build.
Business Intelligence: Drive better, faster decision making by analyzing your data for deeper insights.
E-commerce: Give customers a personalized, scalable, and secure shopping experience.
Microservices Applications: Deliver scalable, reliable applications faster to meet the changing demands of your customers.
Big data and analytics: Make the most informed decision possible by analyzing all of the data you need in real time.
Data warehouse: Handle exponential data growth without leaving security, scalability, or analytics behind.
Remote monitoring with IoT: Enhance your business’ performance by monitoring devices, assets, and sensors in the cloud.
Digital media: Deliver high-quality videos to your customers anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Disaster recovery: Protect all your major IT systems while ensuring apps work when you need them most.
Best for …
• Mobile applications
• Hybrid cloud storage with StorSimple
• Media streaming
• Big data solutions using HD Insights
• Machine learning and other advanced analytics scenarios
• B2B e-commerce
• Scalable web portals and sites
• Multichannel marketing
• E-commerce website
• Gaming apps
• Video archiving
• Internet of Things (IoT) solutions
Microsoft IaaS Services: Extend your IT infrastructure to the cloud by using Azure compute, storage, and networking features and resources. Choose your language, workload, and operating system.
• Combine Azure IaaS with Azure PaaS features as you move existing workloads to the cloud.
• Create, resize, and decommission virtual machines in minutes for dev and test scenarios.
• Reduce your on-premises servers and your overall datacenter costs.
• Plan, size, and scale your infrastructure to support your long-term cloud adoption plans.
Microsoft Azure IaaS includes network services and virtual machines. These services can be combined with any PaaS services. Manage your environment using the Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, or the Azure Command Line Interface (CLI).
Virtual Network: Provision and manage virtual networks in Azure and securely link to your on-premises IT infrastructure.
ExpressRoute: Connects on-premises infrastructure directly to the Microsoft network that contains Azure datacenters, without using the Internet.
Virtual Machines: Create new virtual machines or create and upload your own to create pre-configured virtual machines.
Traffic Manager: Load balance incoming global traffic across multiple services running in the same or different datacenters.
Best for …
• Development and test environments
• Disaster recovery of on-premises solutions
• Big data solutions using HDInsight
• SAP solutions
• Application modernization to optimize IT operations and increase customer/employees experience
• SQL Server test, backup, and disaster recovery
• Power BI solutions
• Windows Server 2003 end of support migration
• Datacenter expansion or replacement
Microsoft Private Cloud: Private cloud datacenters excel at hosting services that remain on-premises to support hybrid cloud solutions. Organizations that excel with private cloud IaaS capabilities can benefit from taking this approach with a broader portfolio.
• Deliver faster innovation with optimal control and security with new hybrid cloud capabilities that cut across infrastructure, applications, data, and users.
• Provides the benefits of IaaS but on your terms with dedicated resources, complete control, greater potential for customization, and greater datacenter efficiency.
Microsoft Windows Server
Brings our experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure with features and enhancements in virtualization, management, storage, networking, virtual desktop infrastructure, access and information protection, and the web and application platform.
Microsoft SQL Server
Secure, scalable database platform that has everything built in, from advanced analytics to unparalleled in-memory performance. Gain real-time insights across your transactional and analytical data.
Microsoft System Center
A simplified datacenter management experience for complex, heterogeneous workloads. Comprehensive monitoring, hardware and virtual machine provisioning, rigorous automation, and configuration management that keeps you in control of your IT—whether on-premises, in the cloud, or across platforms.
Microsoft Azure Stack
A new hybrid cloud platform product that enables you to deliver Azure services from your own datacenter. Delivers true hybrid cloud agility. You decide where to keep your data and applications — in your own datacenter or with a hosting service provider.
Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)
Gain visibility and control of your hybrid cloud with simplified operations management and security across. Support Windows and Linux running in Public, Private and Hybrid scenarios.
Best for …
• Running core network services to support hybrid cloud environments:
• Windows Server Active Directory
• Domain Name System (DNS)
• Windows Server Update Services
• Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
• Compliance with data sovereignty, privacy, and regulatory requirements
• Legacy applications
• Implementing a chargeback process based on consumption for business units in your organization
• Providing delegated authority and tools to implement a self-service model
• Constructing and spanning cloud environments across multiple datacenters, infrastructure, and service providers
• Write applications consistently and deploy anywhere
You can find more details the following link